Terms and Conditions
The name of the Association is:
AUSTRALIAN TEACHERS OF MEDIA WA INC also known as ATOM WA Inc.
The objects of the Association are:
- To provide communication and a forum for the free exchange of ideas between media educators.
- To initiate, organise and administer conferences, training programs, workshops, seminars and social functions for members, students and other interested groups.
- To promote communication between primary, secondary, tertiary, industrial, professional and community bodies.
- To actively seek publicity by the promotion of films, exhibitions, study projects and curricula.
- To research and report on curricula and equipment for use by members.
- To regularly distribute relevant information to members.
- To encourage students who have potential media skills and assist in the development of these skills.
- To publish materials that embody the aims and objectives of the AUSTRALIAN TEACHERS OF MEDIA WA INC
- To liaise with other National or International Associations having similar object.
- To take any other action designed to further the objects of the Association.
Eligibility for membership
Membership of the Association is open to Media educators, Tertiary Education Students and Tertiary Media Students and professionals interested in developing media education at all levels.
Current Membership Classifications:
School Membership: Up to 5 teachers employed in a school, university or TAFE settings.
Associate: A media educator or industry professional NOT currently employed in a school. Eg Retired, maternity leave, relief etc.
Student: A student currently enrolled either in an Education or a Media course at a recognised tertiary institution.
If you are unsure of the appropriate membership classification for your situation please contact ATOM WA.